Saturday, February 14, 2009

Lessons Learned

When you have to get up at 6:30am to climb something called "The Great Wall," one would think it wise to get a good nights sleep, eat a healthy breakfast, drink lots of water and mentally prepare for this type of excursion.  I managed to do not one of those things, completely disregarding the fact that I was going to have to climb anything.  To make a long story short; did you know clubs don't close at 2am.  Who knew?  I was just waiting for Suzy Wong's to close so that I knew it was 2am, and I could get a few sold hours of shut eye then make this trek.  But no, with no last call I just kept going, and going, and going...then I was reminded of my plans to conquor the beast and I looked at my watch.  4:45am, WHAT?  How did that happen?  How far are we from the hotel?  AN HOUR?  What?  
So, I arrived to the hotel, stripped off my clothes, slept on top of my blankets from 5:45am till 6am when my wakeup call came.  Then I went back to sleep until 7am when my party called to see if I was still coming.  I threw some things together, tired my sneekers, and flew out the door.  I grabbed breakfast to go, TONS of bottled water and I was off.  
Everyone who knows me knows that I am a terrible person to be around with a hang over; good thing it's just setting in now.  
I'm so happy I went, I climbed my heart out, I had a moment of silence in all of this.  It truly was amazing.  I can say I survived The Great Wall of China!

No comments: